A-Rod Intent on Bringing Kevin Garnett into Timberwolves Ownership Group
The Minnesota Timberwolves have not-so-quietly been turning both their season and franchise outlook around over the last couple of months. Winning on the basketball court has cost them in the draft lottery but it’s also brought a level of competence that has been otherwise MIA since Jimmy Butler sent the franchise into a new tailspin, not that long ago.
But anything the Wolves have done on the court pails in comparison to what’s been happening at the ownership level. Minnesota went into a state of excited panic when it was announced that MLB great, Alex Rodriguez (along with his business partner Marc Lore), was purchasing the franchise from long-time owner Glen Taylor. It took until late last week and into this weekend for the deal to finally become official but A-Rod is reportedly trying to make “Big Ticket” plays already.
That’s right, according to Charley Walters (Pioneer Press), the new ownership group “intends” to bring Kevin Garnett in as a Timberwolves investor. KG even hinted at his return during his Hall of Fame speech over the weekend. Hope might be returning to the world and we might actually see a #21 Garnett jersey hanging at Target Center after all.
"My only regret is that I didn't get to bring a championship, but I look forward to rebuilding Minneapolis." 👀— SKOR North (@SKORNorth) May 17, 2021
– Kevin Garnett at his Hall of Fame induction speech over the weekend. #Timberwolves pic.twitter.com/iIwGPE3igf
We’ll see what happens next in this long-standing saga between Glen Taylor, the Minnesota Timberwolves and Kevin Garnett. But some good news is refreshing after what’s been (mostly) years of reported vitriol. Now, we’ll see if A-Rod can close this deal too.
If you need to get caught up on what’s gone down between KG and GT over the last few years, these blogs should get you caught up.
- KEVIN GARNETT STILL DREAMS OF OWNING AN NBA TEAM – CAN IT STILL BE MINNESOTA?
- SHOULD WE BE UPSET ABOUT KG’S FLIP MEMORIAL NO-SHOW…. AND WHO’S TO BLAME?
- KEVIN GARNETT WON’T ACCEPT TIMBERWOLVES INVITATIONS TO RETIRE JERSEY
- GARNETT’S #5 TO BE RETIRED IN BOSTON WHILE WOLVES FANS WAIT FOR FORGIVENESS
- KEVIN GARNETT GOES OFF ON GLEN TAYLOR AGAIN… “I DON’T DO BUSINESS WITH SNAKE MU’FUCKAS…”
- GLEN TAYLOR IS SELLING THE MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES; GROUP INCLUDING KEVIN GARNETT IS “SERIOUSLY INTERESTED”
- KEVIN GARNETT’S BACKPEDAL ON GLEN TAYLOR IS LEGENDARY… BUT IS HIS BID LEGITIMATE?
Eric Strack | Minnesota Sports Fan