MINNESOTA SPORTS FANS: Tomorrow is Thursday (7/20/2017) – Here is what you may have missed today and what to look for tomorrow:
- Twins Win Big (48-46): Twins beat the Yankees 6-1 while Berrios DAZZLES and Sano GOES YARD (23), to take the series 2-1. Now, they wait for the Tigers to come to town on Friday. The Twins trail the Indians by just a half-game in the division. The Royals sit just 2.5 games behind Cleveland. Here is the recap from Twins Daily
- Bartolo to Retire?: Bartolo Colon made his first start for the Twins last night and wasn’t as bad as I thought he would be.. (4 IP, 8 H, 4 ER, 3 K, 0 BB). So Bartolo has come to save ALL of our pitching WOES??? Apparently not. Reports came out today saying he may retire if next game doesn’t go well BUT others conflicted that report… If it is true, that is some kind of pressure to put on yourself. See more here from TwinCities.com’s Chad Graff
- Jarvis Thomas Stays Home: Richard Pitino grabs his second big recruit for 2018. Jarvis Thomas (6’8″ PF), from in Minneapolis, is a 4-Star recruit and ranked in the top 150 from most recruiting outlets. He joins Daniel Oturo (6’10” C) from Cretin Durham Hall as the other verbal commit for Little Ricky. Jarvis mentions, in this article from Marcus Fuller of the StarTribune, that he is actively recruiting both Tre Jones (5-Star PG, Apple Valley) and Gabe Kalscheur (3- Star SG, DeLaSalle HS) to take the other two scholarships available that year. Here is a cool hype video from Jarvis’ Twitter account:
— GTM JTO™ (@harvisthomas) July 18, 2017
- Vikings’ Last Training Camp in Mankato: The Vikings will have their last training camp in Mankato this summer. They will move into their new Eagan complex for next year as long as the construction is finished. This will be much more convenient for us since we are based out of Eagan. Sorry Mankato friends.
- Tom Kelly Statue Unveil Friday: Tom Kelly is the only Minnesota manager/coach, of a major sport, to win a title in the last like 50 years and he has 2. Someone get this guy a statue! The Twins will do that on Friday as the honor the only guy who could overcome the MN curse. StarTribune – Chris Miller
- Jamal Crawford Introduced: The Timberwolves introduced their new 6th man today – Jamal Crawford. He used to be the best 6th man in the NBA and I still think he can help this young Wolves team in many ways. He seems excited to be here and pretty much the greatest guy ever. Here is his interview with my friend Kyle Ratke.
Here is a tweet from Jerry Zgoda showing what kind of person Crawford is:
One thought @JCrossover reminded me today: he emailed thanks after I voted him 6th man in 2015, only time athlete did that in all my time
— Jerry Zgoda (@JerryZgoda) July 20, 2017
What to look for tomorrow:
- Wiggins About to Get PAID: Now that Free Agency is winding down, it is time for the Wolves to turn to Andrew Wiggins and the Max Designated Extension he will receive this year, before KAT gets the other one next year. Here is tomorrow morning’s article from Jerry Zgoda for the StarTribune.
- Wobby and Schefter sit down to talk Vikings:
— Minnesota Vikings (@Vikings) July 19, 2017
Well, that is today’s recap. Let us know what you think about today’s top stories!